[SOLVED] Changing Mobile Phone field to Sales Tax Permit Field when creating an accout

I have changed the mobile phone field to sales tax permit field. It's been successful and now a required item. After testing it out it and leaving that part blank in the form it was showing that the mobile phone was missing so I've tried to change that part to show that it was the sales tax permit that was missing. I successfully did that but now I'm getting a general error "an error occurred while creating your address." I've tried now to change all the mobile_phone to sales_tax_permit in Address.php, authentication.tpl and address.tpl.
In line 89 in address.php it says:

'phone' => 'isPhoneNumber', 'sales_tax_permit' => 'isPhoneNumber', 'deleted' => 'isBool');

is it at all possible that the sales_tax_permit' => 'isPhoneNumber' is creating a problem?

Any additional information on where I may need to edit files will be very helpful. It's still creating the customer account but leaving off all the address information (that's why the error).

Let me know if this needs further clarification.
Thank you for the help.

For anyone who needs help on this kind of thing I ended up going back to the original versions of address.tpl, authentication.tpl and address.php files but just changed the fields to required that I wanted. Then I went to the translations for front office (from the back office) in english and made mobile phone equal sales tax permit. Voila!