Reduction Percent Display Issue

Hello all, I am currently on PS 1.6.0.6 build and I am having a problem with my product pages and discounts displaying properly. At first I experienced an issue where my product combinations will not apply the percent discount under Specific Prices and "Add a New Specific Price" to my second or third product combinations and would not display the reduction_percentage and old_price on the product page without having the Specific Price percentage reduction applied to the first product combination. No amount of changes to any of the second and third product combinations made the reduction_percentage and old_price display on the product page so I did some more digging.

I don't want to have to create a fake product combination percentage reduction on the first product combination to get the real ones to apply to the second and third product combinations so I started digging around in the product.tpl file for a root cause. I have located the portion of the file that appears to control the reduction_percentage and the old_price around line 267 and coded out the class="hidden" for the old_price portion as well as the style="display:none;" and now the strikethrough shows with the old price but I still cannot get the percentage discount to show. 

When I removed out the style="display:none;" from the reduction_percentage line of code on line 268 no matter what I do I cannot get the changes to reflect on the front end of the website. When inspecting the live code the old_price changes show live but the reduction_percentage line of code still shows style="display:none;" and no changes I make have any effect on this. I can toggle the display:none; element on and off with my developer tools and it shows properly then disappears upon refreshing the page. Is there another file that controls the reduction_percentage style="display:none;" element that needs to be overriden somewhere else? I have even gone as far as to add a !important tag to the .css file for those element and still no override occurs. I am going crazy trying to track this down and need help!

J Dub

product.tpl

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png