Lots of Combinations - with Color Picker

Hi everyone!
I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious, or if there's a particular module that will help me with what I need to do.

I sell tuxedo products, and I need to use the attributes/combinations a lot - in conjunction with the "Color Picker". In particular, I have a line of tuxedo vests. It comes in 36 colors, 16 different sizes, and with 8 different tie options, and 3 different options on matching pocket squares. That's a total of 13,824 different combinations.

And there's another vest that comes in 56 colors (still with 16 sizes, 8 tie options and 3 pocket squares) for a total of 21,504 total combinations.

....Now, I know it's easy to make the basic combinations using the "Product Combinations Generator".... but that doesn't allow me to link all the vest colors to a specific "swatch" in the Color Picker. As far as I understand, I can make the combinations, and then I have to go through and manually link each combination to a specific color swatch.... but 13,824 times?! Or 21,504 times?

That's not really very practical. Am I missing something? Or is Prestashop just not designed for what I want to do? Or is there maybe a module that takes care of this? Or perhaps there's some kind of "backdoor" workaround?

ANY thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks!
Tom

huh? I'm not having a problem with "too many attributes" breaking the product page....
and the page you sent me to doesn't say anything about the color picker...

My issue is in finding the most efficient way to add Color Picker to each of my 20,000 attribute combinations.

Hmm, that's odd, usually using more than 1,000-3,000 combinations creates "out of memory" errors, you must have a server with lots of RAM, but either way, a product having 20,000 combination would take a really long time to load on many computers, since there are a lot of javascript calculations that need to take place.

You would need to assign it to all the combinations (using the prestashop regular attributes), you could probably make a little helper tool that will update all the attributes automatically, but it will have to be custom built for you, I've done something similar in the past (with a total of 500 products) and it took about a couple of hours to write.

• 1 month later...

Hey did you manage to sort out this problem?

I have the same problem with my site - over 10,000 combinations for each product.

Is there are way to list all these combinations quickly? Because it would take about 15 hours to list each product this way....

Using excel or some sort of expansion module?

Thanks