Hack attempt 166 times!

bigstef

Every day for the last week or so I have had an ip address trying to access my website166 times, obviously malicious.

They change their ip address all the time but they always attempt to get into my website 166 times.

According to my logs they get a 404 error 166 times while attempting to get access to urls like phpMyAdmin-2.8.0-rc2/scripts/setup.php, phpMyAdmin-2.8.0.2/scripts/setup.php, phpMyAdmin-4/scripts/setup.php, /PMA2005/scripts/setup.php.
The list goes on and on but every day they attack 166 times tring all different combinations to get access.

I think they may evetually get in but how can I make it more difficult for them. Any software I should be running to give me the edge on them.

Many thanks for any help.

They use a different ip address every time they attempt a connection but they always attempt 166 times.

I block their ip address using the htaccess file but they just change their ip and try the next day.

Today is the first day they have attempted to hack in more than once and on all occasions they attempted access 166 times.

They use a different ip address every time they attempt a connection but they always attempt 166 times.

I block their ip address using the htaccess file but they just change their ip and try the next day.

Today is the first day they have attempted to hack in more than once and on all occasions they attempted access 166 times.

Are the IP addresses they use from the same BLOCK? i.e.

All begin with 89.185 etc????