I somehow misconfigurated the header

Hi there,

I am very new to Prestashop, the only programming I know is some html / css.

I have been fiddling with the platform all day, trying to configure it to my needs... As I tried to add a new block to the footer, I accidentally forgot to target it to "DISPLAYFOOTER FOOTER", and by default it was targeted to the very top of the site... I immediatelly undid this, and targeted it correctly - even though I ended up deleting the new block, because the end result wasn't what I was expecting for. However, my header has some disconfiguration to it, and I have no idea how to solve that... I don't even know wich file we're talking about, or I would just replace it through ftp.

Here is the site:
http://www.nadir.pt/presta17/index.php

...and in attach is an image on how the header is suppose to look like... (There must be some "code leftovers" or whatever, because comparing the headers in fireworks, after I messed things up, the header seems to have 25 pixels more height in total)

I am using 1.7 prestashop...

Any ideas on how I can fix the header, back to what it was? :( ...after a whole day going around the Prestashop platform, I bumped into this 2 hours ago, and I am an inch away of just giving up, and try something easier like Wix or so...

Thank you *so* much in advance for any help you could provide,

Ana

correct-header.png

• razaro changed the title to I somehow misconfigurated the header

Thank you so much razaro, for getting back at me.

If only I could delete that as in an html page *sigh*

Before I posted my question, I did cleared the chache several times, but it didn't resolve the issue unfortunatelly.

When I am in "Improve » Design » Link Widget" (wich is where messed up things), I only have now 1 "link block configuration", and it is set to "DisplayFooter"... (photo in attach)

I have to idea how to get rid of that extra code at the beggining of the page... I know I'm pushing it, but if you know how to do it, maybe you could walk me through? I'm really new to this...

Again, thank you so much,
Ana

print-screen(1).jpg

Ok try first to edit both block ad see if under "Hook" is displayfooter  for both.

You can try few things also. To reset module  but hen all changes would be lost.

Or try to check in Design > Positions for module Link list where it is "hooked" into.

If maybe it is in displayAfterBodyOpeningTag unhook it.

Your help was absolutelly precious razaro, thank you so *so* much!!

There was indeed a module link hooked to that displayAfterBodyOpeningTag on Design > Positions!! I unhooked it as you told, and now the header is back to beeing perfect *phewwww*

Again, thank you *so* much,
Ana

• Like 1