Parse error by installing prestahop 1.7.

Hello friends, 

by installing Prestashop 1.7.2.4 I receive error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /nfsmnt/hosting2_1/1/6/161af455-a27f-43cc-bc51-bf6f0dde3e16/dizajno.sk/sub/brubi1722/index.php on line 15

PHP on the server is 5.6, I unzipped downloaded file and uploaded index.php, Install_PrestaShop.html and prestashop.zip. when I open the page the instalation doesnt start, it somes the error. I tried prestashop 1.7.0.2, 1.7.2.2., 1.7.2.3, stil the same error. On this hosting is running prestashop 1.6.... without any problems.
Please do you have any solution. Thank you very much!

• 4 months later...

I'm sorry I'm not answering with help elem.

I have the same problem. When installing presta 1.7 downlaoded on 2nd Apr 2018 from official link, I don't see Install_Presta.html file included I only have in my pack:

- install.php

- presta.zip

Once database created and relevant user with all rights, entering URL where the two files were uploaded via FTPFileZilla I get similar error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /home/users2/ngroup/public_html/XX-MY-PATH/index.php on line 40

My server supports can't figure out what's wrong. I changed .htaccess to get PHP 5.4 or higher and check other installation requirements which seem to be fine.

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 00.07.01.PNG