[SOLVED - Kind of] The field need_identification_number is required - Shipping Zone problem

I am in tears due to frustration of not being able to get the shipping to work. I have 3 carriers, 1st Class, 2nd Class, and Next Day Delivery, all to the UK. I have chosen shipping charges to be based by weight. The ranges are as follows:

1st Class (in kg)
0.000001-0.101 (£2.00)
0.100001-0.251 (£3.00)
0.250001-0.501 (£4.00)
0.500001-0.751 (£5.00)

2nd Class (in kg)
0.000001-0.101 (£1.50)
0.100001-0.251 (£2.50)
0.250001-0.501 (£3.50)
0.500001-0.751 (£4.50)

Next Day (in kg)
0.000001-0.101 (£6.00)
0.100001-0.501 (£8.00)
0.500001-1.1 (£12.00)

In Shipping > Zones, I have deleted all of them and made a new one called "United Kingdom"

When I try to assign this "United Kingdom" zone to the Country United Kingdom found under Shipping > Countries, by selecting the zone under the drop menu, I get this error:

"1 error - the field need_identification_number is required"

It doesn't matter if i change the zone name, the same error comes up. Without being able to assign zones to the countries, I can't set the shipping prices.

In my website, only the handling charges come up, and when I go to make an order in my UK address, it says,

"There are no carriers available that will deliver to this address!"

And you cannot proceed any furthur.

I want to be able to post abroad too, but this is a much bigger problem which needs to be solved first.

I am using version 1.3.1.1 and have absolutely no knowledge or programming or php (scripts confuse me...and I don't know how to access them anyway) I am hosting with SiteGround and they installed the Prestashop for me as I was previously on Oscommerce but didnt know where to start!

Any help is greatly appreciated and if I still cannot solve this, I will have to sadly forget about Prestahop and pay someone to make a website for me.

Alison

I have a feeling it's because I deleted all the states and zones instead of editing them. I am going to start again and see if this was the problem. If it still is a problem, I am going to try downgrading the version as it's probably a bug and see if i can take it from there. If there are still problems, I'm leaving Prestashop for good!

Alternatively, if there is anyone willing to debug at a small price for me (about £10), I'm willing to pay it just so that it saves me the hassle.

I got it to work no problem on another installation, but on my shop it had me foxed... I thought it had something to do with the fact I used a custom carrier and deleted the original one.

This afternoon, after replying to you, I went through all the threads posted above and tried the various things suggested, such as making an EU zone instead of Europe and added all the Europe countries to EU instead... then I made the shipping start at 0.00001 rather than 0... then I tried re-saving everything and finally it worked. Not sure what I did, but I'm sure as hell not gonna change anything now!

There really needs to be some documentation posted about this thought, as it's an integral part of any store for people to actually be able to PAY!!!!

So you were able to assign zones to the countries? Did you reinstall Prestashop and edit the zones rather than delete them ans start again? Because I tried the EU thing, the 0.001 thing, and it still says need_identification_number_required. Did you use states?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never solved the problem, i just deleted everything and started from scratch. I made sure I did not delete the zones previously and i did manage to add a United Kingdom Zone to United Kingdom country. I also left all the states as I had previously deleted them. Using 1.3.1.1. version