Prestashop 1.7 module not running on version 1.6

beginner1

Hello everyone, I am creating a module in prestashop 1.7. I created the module in 1.7 and now when I try to run it on 1.6 it doesn't work. Any reason for this problem to occur? I haven't used any hooks that are only present in 1.7 and not present in 1.6.

8 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

It's normal that modules from PS 1.6. will not run under PS 1.7. and vice versa. PS 1.7. it's complete other architecture.

You will need to adapt the code. Find here developer docu for PS 1.6. : http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Developer+Guide

Adapt the code? Meaning I'll have to write the module again for Prestashop 1.6? Is the coding of 1.6 totally different from 1.7?

Edited by beginner1 (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, selectshop.at said:

It's normal that modules from PS 1.6. will not run under PS 1.7. and vice versa. PS 1.7. it's complete other architecture.

You will need to adapt the code. Find here developer docu for PS 1.6. : http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Developer+Guide

I was going through this website and it says that the modules created in 1.6 will work on 1.7.
http://apollotheme.com/the-difference-between-prestashop-1-6-and-1-7.html

No. You should adapt the code. The same each other module developer has to do, if he want to have it running under PS 1.7.

Prestashop 1.7. was to be released 100% based on symphony framework, which is a complete different framework as PS 1.6. (smarty). The PS 1.7. versions we are having now are a mix of smart and symphony, cause PS 1.7. was too early released as stable. Till the symphony version will be 100% it will take some time. So all developing modules/themes will need to adapt their addons also step by step. For to run backwards, you need to adapt the code as well.

49 minutes ago, beginner1 said:

Well appollo is not Prestashop, and what they say or not must not be true. It is a third party developer, not related to Prestashop. If they offer addons working on both, than they adapted the code for to run on both versions.

No one module working on PS 1.6. will work out of the box with PS 1.7. This is not possible due to different frameworks.

1 hour ago, selectshop.at said:

No. You should adapt the code. The same each other module developer has to do, if he want to have it running under PS 1.7.

Prestashop 1.7. was to be released 100% based on symphony framework, which is a complete different framework as PS 1.6. (smarty). The PS 1.7. versions we are having now are a mix of smart and symphony, cause PS 1.7. was too early released as stable. Till the symphony version will be 100% it will take some time. So all developing modules/themes will need to adapt their addons also step by step. For to run backwards, you need to adapt the code as well.

Okay so I have created my module in Prestashop 1.7. Can you tell me how to adapt it to Prestashop 1.6?