Using PrestaBox

Hi I am planning to open up a online Book store from India. Please give me advice how gud it will be using prestabox.com and if we create our website using prestabox.com can we access the site using our domain name instead of

xxx.prestabox.com

and where can we get the templates book store.... PLease help me out guys

You can also send in suggestions to [email protected]

You should avoid using PrestaBox if fully customising your site is important to you, since you won't have access to edit the source code and you can only install modules that have been published on PrestaStore. It is designed for those who care more about selling their products than what their website looks like.

I don't know enough about PrestaBox to answer whether you can use your own domain.

Click the Downloads link at the top of the page, then click the Download button (entering your name and email is unnecessary), then click the "Download PrestaShop v1.3.1" button to download the latest stable version of PrestaShop that you can extract on your server.

So what you mean to say is if we go with Prestabox we cant customize to more extent correct.... I want to open a site for selling books in India..

And i will be at my office most of the time so i dont have time to develop the website from the scratch... this is the reason i have opted for prestabox

If i register in prestabox and then want to apply any theme what i need to do....

Actually i have gone through your site and do you have code available for Book shop site?????? Do you charge for getting it done???

If you chose PrestaBox, I wouldn't be able to do custom work for you, since I couldn't modify any of your source code. The only way would be to publish a theme or module for you on PrestaStore.

No, I haven't written any modules for bookstores, though I'm working on a comment module similar to the one used on Amazon.

I think you misunderstood. The download link I mentioned is the full source code of PrestaShop, and PrestaBox does include the full source code. They just don't let you edit it.

What I mean is that on these forums, you will find many hacks to customise PrestaShop, but with PrestaBox, you cannot use them since you can't edit the code. If you install PrestaShop yourself, you will be able to edit any of PrestaShop's code yourself.

HI I Have opened my account with Prestabox.com.. I also bought the domain with the name Readersin.com

I have a problem here

Cant i access my shop as ReadersIN.com rather than ReadersIN.Prestabox.com???????????

If nt then its waste to open here :( will there be anyway that i can access my shop by Readersin.com rather than Readersin.prestabox.com.....

Please reply :(

• 4 months later...

So, conclusion is, there is absolutely no point in using prestabox.com at all if you can't change templates or add different modules. And we are supposed to pay 15€ minimum after the 6th month? And a 2% commission on each sale. So what about people who do want that? That's a potentially huge market your really missing out on, prestabox is such a great no fuss system!