How to add a MooTools slideshow, change the number of columns and tabs problem

Hi,
I am trying to use Prestashop for the first time, and am trying to figure out a few things.
1. When I add a MooTools slideshow I custom created in the <head> tags, the screen goes blank. This slider works perfectly in my html files and eventually I am trying to use it to display featured products and/or categories on the homepage.
2. How can I use different number of columns on the homepage and internal pages? Just like a lot of eCommerce designs, I want to use single large column on the homepage and category list on the left column in the internal pages.
3. I have 3 tabs on the homepage - Featured products, Most Popular and Recently Added. When one tab is selected, the other two are hidden. I guess the screenshot would make more sense. This means I should have all the three modules available in the center column. It isn't working out for me with adding the function mentioned above. Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot! I am making a big decision by sidelining ZenCart and Magento to use Prestashop. But if I cannot achieve the design I want, I will sadly have to go back to either of them.

-Tejas

Topic split and renamed

1. If your script code contains { or }, then you must put replace them with {ldelim} and {rdelim}, or wrap the whole code in {literal} tags, so that Smarty doesn't throw an error.

2. See my post here.

3. I don't understand. Can you post a screenshot?

I don't understand what you mean by inserting the right column into the centre column. Do you mean you want the "New products" and "Specials" modules in the centre column? You can move modules to the centre column on the homepage by going to Modules > Positions > Transplant a module and transplanting a module into the "Homepage content" hook.

I don't understand what you mean by inserting the right column into the centre column. Do you mean you want the "New products" and "Specials" modules in the centre column? You can move modules to the centre column on the homepage by going to Modules > Positions > Transplant a module and transplanting a module into the "Homepage content" hook.

I have already done that. When I comment out the right column, that module altogether disappears. For some reason the module is not willing to stay on the homepage without that right column..

And I don't mean I want to insert the right column into the center column. But my design does not have a right column at all. For the homepage, whatever modules are stubborn to stick to right column, will have to reside in the center column for the homepage, and left column for the internal pages.

So, in a nutshell, it is the modules of the right column that will be added to the center column, not the column itself - both in the sense of CSS and html.

• 2 weeks later...

Rocky, I had tried that already before posting a question to the forums. That is why it was in that other thread. Here's what I have done so far -
Removed module from the Right Column block
Transplanted to the Homepage
Tried changing the code for the hooks in the tpl file.

Nothing has worked. When I try to add the modules to the homepage content now, it gives me an error that it is already there, rightly so.

To give you more info, I also tried to add some more modules to the homepage content but no luck.

To check what's going on, I have tried using the default theme and one other theme I downloaded from this site - it doesn't work. Even for those two themes, the only module I have been able to add to the Homepage Content and make it visible on the landing page is Featured Products on the Homepage.

Am I missing something here?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Offrench. I figured out how to manage columns on specific pages. My problem was how to add Right column specific modules to center/homepage. That has been taken care of.

However, I am struggling with adding the Permalink, Cart and My Account to the Header Right, while still maintaining the Top Horizontal Menu outside the Header container. Anyone willing to help please take a look at http://www.whitehatsweb.com/prestashop.

Thanks,
-Tejas