[Fixed-Changed to JqZoom]Thickbox showing smaller images than product page & not filling thinkbox (lot's of whitespace around image)

I have my product thickbox preference set to 600px x 600px, my products page image set to 300px x 300px. I am using prestashop 1.3.1. When I click on larger image, the thickbox shows my image scaled down, with a lot of white space (1 inch+) around the image. What do I need to do to have the image fill the thickbox, and be bigger than the scaled down image? Following is what my element text says. Do I need to change something? I don't know code, but can copy/paste with detailed instructions. I need to fix this before I can go live. I would like the images to show (in the thickbox) at least bigger than the product image of 300x300. I saw some instructions in the forum about putting different text into the following, but I don't know if the [spam-filter] is supposed to stay at the end of the sentence, or end it with just ; Thank you for your help. I'm sorry to be such a bother, but I'm a Grandma in my 60's with an awful lot to learn about webmastering.

imgPreloader=new Image();imgPreloader.onload=function(){imgPreloader.onload=null;var pagesize=tb_getPageSize();var x=pagesize[0]-150;var y=pagesize[1]-150;var imageWidth=imgPreloader.width;var imageHeight=imgPreloader.height;if(imageWidth>x){imageHeight=imageHeight*(x/imageWidth);imageWidth=x;if(imageHeight>y){imageWidth=imageWidth*(y/imageHeight);imageHeight=y;[spam-filter]else if(imageHeight>y){imageWidth=imageWidth*(y/imageHeight);imageHeight=y;if(imageWidth>x){imageHeight=imageHeight*(x/imageWidth);imageWidth=x;[spam-filter]

Is the image you upload greater than 300px x 300px? If it is too small, then it is normal for white space to be added to make it 600px x 600px. If you want the image bigger, you must upload an image that is 600px x 600px or more.

I checked, and some of my jpgs are only a little over 300px. I guess I don't under stand why the images in the thickbox are smaller than my product image of 300px x 300px. If the customer clicks on "go to larger image", they are taken to an image much smaller???? I changed to JqZoom, and adjusted the zoom box size. This will do for now. When my site goes live, I will post again and try to get the thickbox to work for me. Thank you for your help, I was getting a bit desperate.