Installing PS - Stuck at step 4

When going throught the step of instlalling. I get to step 4 and enter all information and then hit the Next Buttom and nothing happens.

Step 2 shows that everything is compatible with green lights.

Step 3 I get my database configured and a green light but step 4 just doe nothing.

I downloaded the latest version from the website whcih was yesterday July 15th.

Can someone please give me a solution.

• 2 months later...

Hello There. I'm running into the same problem when trying to install v1.3.1 to my host's site. I didn't have any problems getting it going on wamp server. The database hooks up just fine and the tables are filled with all the demo data. I've tried leaving the email checkbox blank. When i hit submit button on step four, the loading bar pops up for a second in the top left but then I'm left on the same page. I'm not sure where to look next.

• 1 month later...

whoops. I figured this out a while ago. The installation will get stuck at step 4 if you had placed your own htaccess file in Prestashops root directory. Prestashop needs to create its own blank htaccess file. The file was there because I was trying to install prestashop within an already running installation of CMSMS (which is a sweet open source content management system btw). I don't know too much about php user management yet, but I'm pretty sure that one account on the server cant have two instances of php running at once. CMSMS already had php locked so this was most likely an issue as well. I'm not 100% positive though as i just wiped the CMS and started from scratch without first checking if the install would go through after I removed my htaccess file. Any knowledge on the matter might be good for future reference.

• 7 months later...