Geolocation on Prestashop website

BlackChart

Could someone please update the geolocation database for prestashop.com!

I pretty fed up with being tagged as a Dutch, when the IP scope I come from is actually Danish now!

It's been years since my ISP purchased this scope, have talked to them and they can't do anymore as the location information have been changed centrally years ago.

Thank you.

Could someone please update the geolocation database for prestashop.com!

I pretty fed up with being tagged as a Dutch, when the IP scope I come from is actually Danish now!

It's been years since my ISP purchased this scope, have talked to them and they can't do anymore as the location information have been changed centrally years ago.

Thank you.

Hi, native PrestaShop uses MaxMind GeoLiteCity.dat file.  I think it's updated about every 45 days.

I am the creator of Geo Targeting Pro and it's running in many shops.  It supports not only the free GeoLiteCity.dat use by PS today but also 2 very affordable MaxMind commercial databases that significantly increases IP resolution.

Also be warned, native Geo Location, when IP does not resolve, blocks that visitors shopping.  With GeoLiteCity.dat file being 'best case' 80% accurate in US then it is very likely you are losing sales because of enabling Geo Location without understanding the consequence.  My module allows you to define a default country for  non-resolved IP's so they can shop. 

Hopefully this is the sort of information you were hoping for.  

happy selling, el