Glitch when things sell quickly

Hi

I had a problem with my prestahop the other day - an item sold out so quickly that prestashop took payment for items that were sold out, and generated multiple invoices under the same invoice number. I had 20 toys that sold in 3 - 4 minutes.

Some customers were upset that while their toy was in the cart and they were registering their details, someone else had bought it and when they came to pay it was sold out.

Is there anything i can do to stop this happening again?

First of all congrats on the multiple sales :)

This is actually a pretty complex problem, from what I have seen in other sites where something like that can happen (ticket sales), once you add something to the cart, they give you a time limit to complete the order before is goes back into the site and someone else can buy it.

This is the only thing I can think of, since you don't want to remove a product from your inventory when someone adds it to the cart, since many people do it, and never finish the sale.

The time limit on the cart will require quite a few modifications to the way Prestashop works.

If you have any other ideas on how to approach this, or if anyone else does, please share.

thanks tomerg3, i was thrilled when they sold so quickly, but i dont want to alienate customers in the future. A 'sticky' cart feature would be great, does such a thing exist? i did a google search but was thoroughly confused by the results!

sticky, like when you put an item in the cart and its 'stuck' there for a timed period to allow you to check out - like how ticket web lets you put concert tickets in your cart then you have a few minutes to checkout before they go back for sale

Well, as I mentioned, doing something like this would involve many code changes, you can suggest it as a feature for future prestashop versions.

If you really want to add this feature sooner, you will have to hire someone to customize it for you.