What status should I give to a freelancer?

DArnaez

Hi guys! I need your advice. I'm hiring a freelancer developer to create an app the need to list the customer purchases in my PS store. He already created an account but I'm not sure what status should I give it to him. He need to work in the API. 

Someone of you had any experience like this?

Thanks!!!

PS: BTW... I'm in USA, he is in Armenia.

PS 1.6.1.16

www.ohmyicons.com

Edited by DArnaez (see edit history)

Hi guys! I need your advice. I'm hiring a freelancer developer to create an app the need to list the customer purchases in my PS store. He already created an account but I'm not sure what status should I give it to him. He need to work in the API. 

Someone of you had any experience like this?

Thanks!!!

PS: BTW... I'm in USA, he is in Armenia.

PS 1.6.1.16

www.ohmyicons.com

when you say APP, does that mean a Prestashop module?

if you're hiring him to develop a module, can ask him to build the module on his local computer then send the complete package to you and you will try to install on your website

No, is an desktop utility that will show the digital products purchased by the user. So basically is an desktop app that need to read the user purchases and a button to download and install.

ok, understand now. I guess you also need to give him your website ftp access to do server side works(feed data from Prestashop, or update database...)

Edited by ets-soft (see edit history)

Hi I think you need to have bit of trust and give full admin access. But have full backups regularly.

You said you are working on desktop app, that means he use web services to get data from your shop.

For this you can just give him access to web service page, you could make new profile. But think it does not make 

much sense because with web services he can have all data. And your app uses orders and customers so not sure

what would else you would like to hide.

So full admin access but also do think of signing him non-disclosure agreement if you want. 

• Like 1