Is Prestashop 1.7 still a nightmare to install?

Rizzzle

As title.

Last time I checked it failed 75% way through when it was trying to grab a library - the library source had blocked remote ips directly downloading it. I can't remember the specific details but it was well documented.

So, shall I waste more time with this disaster or just jump ship? I can see 1.6 becoming obsolete soon.

Honest answers please.

Thanks,

Rizzzle

I don't know the specific problem you was having installing PS 1.7., but if didn't installed some weeks ago, it also won't install now too on your server.

Why do you think PS 1.6. is going obsolete ? I don't have the feeling for this. We are still having updates regularly, so development team is also working on it. As I told in other similar topics before. It will not be wrong to skip PS 1.7. and upgrade PS when symfony is completely integrated. PS 1.7. is a hybrid version of smarty and symfony in parts of both. The problem is that both are not compatible together and therefore we are having all these problems. A clean and next version in symfony will perform surely better.

• Like 1

As title.

Last time I checked it failed 75% way through when it was trying to grab a library - the library source had blocked remote ips directly downloading it. I can't remember the specific details but it was well documented.

So, shall I waste more time with this disaster or just jump ship? I can see 1.6 becoming obsolete soon.

Honest answers please.

Thanks,

Rizzzle

We're working with  both Prestashop 1.6 and 1.7 but we recommend our customers to use 1.6 (if they don't care if there site has to be 1.7), because 1.6 is stable and .7 is still in development. I think it will be good but at least in the far future.

So my recommendation for you is to use 1.6 latest version instead 1.7