Multi warehouse, multi store and omnichannel WHEN?

userpres

I have the latest Prestashop 1.7.2.1.  It does not have advanced stock management, so no way to manage stock locations. No click and collect. No way of managing more than one physical store or warehouse.

It is not very good.

Do you know any good inventory modules I can use on 1.7.2.1?

Will Prestashop ever introduce advanced stock management for 1.7.2.1.?

Thanks a lot.

Use PS 1.6. Don't think this will come for PS 1.7. in next time, if it will come, cause PS 1.7. is a transitional version for the failed change from smarty to new symfony technique. Next bigger version should have this tool again I think, or it would be a paid addons, cause Prestashop is going more and more commercial.

Please follow also this topic: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/566115-prestashop-17-is-now-available/page-20

• Like 2

Use PS 1.6. Don't think this will come for PS 1.7. in next time, if it will come, cause PS 1.7. is a transitional version for the failed change from smarty to new symfony technique. Next bigger version should have this tool again I think, or it would be a paid addons, cause Prestashop is going more and more commercial.

Please follow also this topic: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/566115-prestashop-17-is-now-available/page-20

Thanks for the reply.

Is PS 1.6 'safe' to use?

I think I'll use 1.6 instead then. Although I've already paid for two modules for 1.7.

Is PS 1.6 'safe' to use?

Why not ? Is stable and near bugfree ! PS 1.7. is still in development and as the time stipulated to release PS 1.7. with new framework (symfony instead of smarty) wasn't realizable, they simple released a version full of bugs and working on this version eliminating step by step all problems.

On PS 1.6. you have what you want and working. For PS 1.7. there is no guarantee, cause some features like multi warehouse is removed. There is an information of developer on forum that it will be added again, but the condition (if as free option or not) was not answered...

• Like 1

Why not ? Is stable and near bugfree ! PS 1.7. is still in development and as the time stipulated to release PS 1.7. with new framework (symfony instead of smarty) wasn't realizable, they simple released a version full of bugs and working on this version eliminating step by step all problems.

On PS 1.6. you have what you want and working. For PS 1.7. there is no guarantee, cause some features like multi warehouse is removed. There is an information of developer on forum that it will be added again, but the condition (if as free option or not) was not answered...

Thanks, I'll be downloading PS 1.6 then!

I normally always go for the newest software, as you would hope they feature security upgrades, etc, but if there are problems with PS 1.7 then I'll get PS 1.6.  Problem now is that I uploaded over 100 products to my PS 1.7 store, so now I've got the long task of moving them over to PS 1.6 !