Be careful! Old posts gets deleted

innercode

Hello everyone,

We ran into an issue, hope you won't. If you have modules topics created earlier and your account does not have 100 posts DO NOT post in that topic, otherwise your post gets at the top, moderator (who doesn't give a ****) will notice it and deletes the thread. If you have competitors with this case, you can **** their life a little by posting in that thread :)

Also if you have these kind of topics, better do copies of the post. It will be deleted in the 24 hrs after the last post.

We got deleted two topics without any notice! These posts were OK back in 2014 and 2016, now they got deleted just because we posted that modules were updated to be compatible with PS 1.7 version. We needed only 30 posts on this forum to meet the conditions. If it was OK in 2014 when topic was created, and you missed it, just post in that topic and give us a time, e.g. 2 weeks to make some input in this forum community and we will meet that mark. I would understand if we have created new topics now, but they were 1-3 years old.

I wonder what a person you should be, not to notice that there were full descriptions, links to Addons, demos, screenshots, etc. you are deleting someones work and feel OK with it. How purblind the person should be.. We posted in forums from time to time. I agree our input was not so huge, but it was and our products made sales too.

Do you really think that deleting topics like this makes us help others? Why should we, if you don't even try? If you would wanted to help, you would write us email, PM, or post in the topic about the situation. These modules is part of your business too.

Post moved to correct forum section. As you can read on forum section header of "paid modules and theme" and "free modules and themes", that section is only for to present paid or free modules and not for to add other topic. Also in header section there is very clear stipulated that you need to have 100+ plus BEFORE you can add free or paid addons.

This rule never changed since years (from what I know 2010  - when I came to Prestashop. BTW found today some hidden topics from CM Sylvain of year 2011 just for the same reason - no 100+ !).

What is happening, is that we are now forcing this rule and hiding each topic not according. I admit, that this has not been consistently pursued in the past. But was always rule.

Forum rules: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/394100-read-first-forum-rules-and-best-practices/ - latest revision 2015, but they were nearly the same before 2015!

Description of forum section I think is very clear:

paid forum:

> When presenting your module or theme, we advise you to provide an official addons marketplace link.

> The alternative is any other link as soon as it is pointing to your module or theme and you are an active contributor of the community (at least 100 posts in the forums).

> Everything else, especially misleading links or links to a marketplace home page, will be taken down.

> Remember: this forum is not an advertising hub, so take the time to also provide community support!

free forum:

> When presenting your module or theme, we advise you to attach it directly to your post.

> The alternative is any other link as soon as it is pointing to your module or theme and you are an active contributor of the community (at least 100 posts in the forums).

> Everything else, especially misleading links or links to a marketplace home page, will be taken down.

> Remember: this forum is not an advertising hub, so take the time to also provide community support!

If you have modules topics created earlier and your account does not have 100 posts DO NOT post in that topic, otherwise your post gets at the top, moderator (who doesn't give a ****) will notice it and deletes the thread. If you have competitors with this case, you can **** their life a little by posting in that thread :)

Well this kind of contra-publicity was not allowed as well since years. You can open own new topics, but not add your offer to others topics, if your are meaning this.

See here extracted from forum rules, you signed by opening your account on the forum:

Advertising is restricted to one and only one section of the forum
Advertising is only allowed in the "Paid modules & Themes” and “Job Offers” forum, and out of respect for others, please do not post your advertising in someone else’s topic.
If you are advertising for a site that proposes your services, this web site must contain all the information proving the legality of your activity (legal mention, etc.).
Additionally, you should never get in touch with any user through private messages to advertise or promote your products/services. We will aggressively pursue the highest legal consequences against companies who engage in unsolicited advertising of Forum users.