Exporting text used in the site

bonsaiko

Your question is vague. Why do you want to "export" texts? Are you going to start a second shop? Or do you just want to have a second language in your shop?

There are two kinds of texts:

- System texts like "Submit" and "Buy" are translated by the system. You can get them by loading the appropriate language pack in the back office and making relevant changes.

- Descriptions are custom made texts. They are not maintained by the system.

Hello,

I need to export texts because I need to have the site translated, so I have to send the file to a translator.

I know that products description will have to be translated separately. But I need to have the site's buttons and other stuff translated. 

I already went into the admin, in the translation section. But then I choose front office / mytheme / french and it leads me to a huge page where there is all the translations even of modules i don't use. 

And here I can only translate the strings, and not exporting them.

How do other people do when they need to translate their site ?

I guess I'm not the only one...

Thanks for your help.

- for buttons and so people tend to rely on the system (there are localization packs with which you can quickly import languages). Prestashop and module builders provide many translations. Usually only some finetuning is needed and for that you need to sit close on the shop. 

There are also clear disadvantages for sending stuff to a translator:

- A translation may have a different length from the original and that can make a mess of the layout of your pages.

- Sometimes you don't want always the same translation for a word 

The descriptions are in the ps_product_lang table. You might export that.