PrestaShop Import & Catagories

Hey everyone, I've previosly been trying out osCommerce amongst others. Recently I installed PrestaShop and I'm extremely impressed with the backend.

Previously for oscommerce I've had to manipulate my products CSV and import them table by table though phpmyadmin. PrestaShop is easy as pie!

Only problem I'm having is when I'm trying to import all products (close to 3,000) I get a Internal Server Error. I'm asking here first incase anyone else has encountered this problem and has a solution to it. I use fasthosts business hosting as due to it not being cpanel or plesk etc I can't find a way to access the server error log to check it out.

Also I'm curious to know if It's possible for products to appear in more than one catagory, and if so, how is it done?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Hey everyone, I've previosly been trying out osCommerce amongst others. Recently I installed PrestaShop and I'm extremely impressed with the backend.

Previously for oscommerce I've had to manipulate my products CSV and import them table by table though phpmyadmin. PrestaShop is easy as pie!

Only problem I'm having is when I'm trying to import all products (close to 3,000) I get a Internal Server Error. I'm asking here first incase anyone else has encountered this problem and has a solution to it. I use fasthosts business hosting as due to it not being cpanel or plesk etc I can't find a way to access the server error log to check it out.

Also I'm curious to know if It's possible for products to appear in more than one catagory, and if so, how is it done?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Contact your server and say that you need more time for execute script. Or divide your cvs file in various files , with less products

Thanks for reply, looks like i may have to split CSV as my host wont tend to change any of their configuration for anything. They will most likely come back saying basically we dont support prestashop use something else.

Also can anyone help with having products show in more than one catagory?

Thanks alot!
Chris