Doubling of Text in Payment Section of Checkout (PayPal?)

Hi all

I'm not sure which module is responsible for this so any help would be greatly appreciated:

Here's a screenshot of the issue:

paypal-checkout-logo-and-text.png

Any idea 1) whether a PayPal logo should be appearing here anyway and 2) how to stop this text duplication issue.

Many thanks,

CP

Official PayPal module:

Payments and Gateways
PayPal v3.11.4 - by PrestaShop - Official

Accepts payments by credit cards (CB, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Aurore, Cofinoga, 4 stars) with PayPal.

It's the one that works for the UK.

No translation changes made.

Hope that helps, and thanks for the quick reply!

CP

Okay. figured some of this out.

For some reason the PayPal logos.xml file assumes the shop is at the domain root, rather than the prestashop installation root. :

<LocalPayPalHorizontalSolutionPP>/modules/paypal/views/img/default_logos/default_horizontal.png</LocalPayPalHorizontalSolutionPP>

Mine is not, so I've changed it to:

<LocalPayPalHorizontalSolutionPP>/shop/modules/paypal/views/img/default_logos/default_horizontal.png</LocalPayPalHorizontalSolutionPP>

And now the logo shows. But I want the text to appear above the image and I can't see which file I need to amend to get that to happen. At present it looks like this:

paypal-checkout-logo-and-text2.png

Any idea which file I need to change?

Also:

Why does the PayPal logos.xml not call the prestashop root directory (it seems to assume prestashop is installed at the root domain)?

Why are the PayPal png files not transparent since quite often they're on active sections and mouse-overs will change the background colour (which looks ugly when the png background remains the same)? - This I've already remedied - but it would be sensible for the PayPal module devs to provide transparent png logos for such scenarios.

Anyway - the main problem that I can't seem to figure is which file determines where that "Pay with your card or your PayPal account" is positioned relative to the PayPal logo image.

Any help greatly appreciated - as it looks ugly as hell at present.

Thanks.

CP.

Edited by carpygmy (see edit history)

Okay - seem to have fixed it.

I've edited these two files:

express_checkout_payment.tpl

integral_evolution_payment.tpl

And now the text is above the logo.

Not sure when the 2nd one gets used but it had the same code for the button.

Also, if there are any PayPal experts out there, please let me know if there's anything else I need to change. I had a look at some of the mobile options but they seem to be formatted differently.

Hope this may helps anyone who has a similar problem . I'd love to know if anyone else's PayPal payment option looks odd on Prestashop. I'd not made any changes - so this was "out of the box" post upgrade. Using Prestashop 1.6.1.1.  My only guess is that this could be some CSS hangover -- but I can't track down anything that would do this.

Cheers,

CP

• 4 weeks later...