BO DEAD : Migrate 1.7.1.1 to 1.7.2.0 => The slug ROLE_MOD_TAB__READ is invalid

dabcorp

Hello,

After upgrade version 1.7.1.1 to 1.7.2.0 , Front is Ok but BO Dead :

Exception in xxx\classes\Access.php line 73: The slug ROLE_MOD_TAB__READ is invalid
  1. in Access.php line 73
  2. at AccessCore::isGranted(array('ROLE_MOD_TAB__READ'), '1') in AdminController.php line 742
  3. at AdminControllerCore->access('view', false) in AdminController.php line 757
  4. at AdminControllerCore->viewAccess() in AdminController.php line 2074
  5. at AdminControllerCore->initContent() in Controller.php line 220
  6. at Controller->run() in Dispatcher.php line 379
  7. at DispatcherCore->dispatch() in index.php line 95

Please help me ;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It was Mentioned from the PrestaShop Team, that it is Problematic to Upgrade Directly from 1.6 Versions.

So i guess that Problem you described is the Reason why its Problematic.

The best Solution would be to Rollback from a Backup... !?

From Prestashop developer blog: Is it be easy to upgrade from previous versions of PrestaShop to v1.7?

In short: no, it won’t. You can upgrade, but be prepared to have to adapt or replace many of your addons (theme, modules).

Now for the longer answer. PrestaShop 1.7 is a major version not only because it packs a lot of sweet changes, but it is also major in the SemVer sense of the term: it breaks some of the backward compatibility. If it didn’t, we probably would have called it 1.6.2.0
:)

For starters, 1.6 themes will not work on 1.7. That’s a definite. We rewrote the way themes are made, and theme designers will be delighted to find in the new Starter Theme a solid foundation for their own themes. With this foundation, new themes can be created in half the time it took to create a 1.6 theme.

Now, about modules. All well-written 1.6 modules should work with little to no changes in 1.7, except:
  • Those which target the theme/front office – because we rewrote the way themes are written.
  • Those which target the Product page – because the DOM of this page has changed.
  • Those which target the Modules page – again, because the DOM of this page has changed.

What this means for any upgrade is that in order for a PS 1.6 to migrate to PS 1.7, you (or your agency) will have to:
  • Rewrite the theme, ideally using the Starter Theme or the default theme.
  • Adapt the Product page modules (CSS and JavaScript).
  • Adapt the Modules page modules (CSS and JavaScript).
  • Test all the other modules – as you would for any new release.

In any case, we advise you to make sure that your module does work in PrestaShop 1.7 before you upgrade.

Edited by Ferico (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

I recently had this problem during a series of updates, and it bothered me that - apart from a complete roleback, no fix can be found on this mather.

First from 1.6 to 1.7, everything went well.
Second 1.7.0 to 1.7.3 - in the middle of updating I obtain an jqXhr error and from this moment PrestaShop start being broken:

Symptoms
- blank page on login.
- /[admin]/index.php?controller=adminselfupgrade still reachable, but says it's already updated to the latest version.
- The following errors in the error.log:

PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: The slug ROLE_MOD_TAB__READ is invalid in

The real problem:
In order to reproduce the process, I setup a backup on another server, and walked trough the process of upgrading from 1.6 to 1.7.
After this has been done, I walk trough the databases to compare the correct 1.7 and the errorous 1.7.3 to check for any differences.

As mentioned above, `ps_access` and `ps_authorisation_role` are empty. But so are `ps_tab` and `ps_tab_role`.

Especially the last two are causing PrestaShop to fail on startup.

Solution:
As an alternative for a full backup: Retreiving a copy of these 4 tables from your backup data and placing them back should fix your PrestaShop interface.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...