Change default currency without affecting the prices

xpindia

How can i change the default currency from rs to dollar without haveing the prices of products in the shop to change automatically.

right now if i chane from rs to dollar, the prices chage wrongly eg

procuct price of rs 500 changes to usd 5000

Well, since amounts do not change when you change default shop currency, you have to update your prices manually.

If you have few products, you can update your products one by one.

If you have many products, it would be much better to use some sort of mass update - either directly change prices in DB, or use some module that can do this for you - for example mine :)

Is your module a freeware?

It's free, but limited by usage. For example, in free version you can have only 2 saved mass updates. Saved is the pricipal word here.

Saved mass updates are designed for some sort of updates you plan to do on regular basis - for example to help you change price of your products, etc.

If you need a one-off update, you don't need to save it - simply prepare the update and execute it without saving.

I thought that you want to change default currency of your shop - one time operation in administration.  

Now it sounds like you just have problems with multi-currency feature on frontstore. If your prices are converted incorrectly, than it's probably caused by incorrect currency exchange rate. Please check exchange rate in Localization > Currencies

INR ( Indian Rs) is the default currency in which the prices of products are show in my shop. Now if i change the default currency to USD, the pices of products that are already listed in the shop go crazy, the automatic conversion doesnt to USD equivalent of the prices shown, doesnt happen.

I checked your module , it should be able to multiply the INR into USD?

INR ( Indian Rs) is the default currency in which the prices of products are show in my shop. Now if i change the default currency to USD, the pices of products that are already listed in the shop go crazy, the automatic conversion doesnt to USD equivalent of the prices shown, doesnt happen.

I checked your module , it should be able to multiply the INR into USD?

yep, it should - see the video above. Don't forget to backup your database prior the update, though. In case anything goes wrong.