Help moving website to new server and domain name.

systemax

Hope someone can help me out, I have searched but could not find any information on this

I want to copy the website and move it to a new server with a different domain name.

I want to do this while the original website is still up and don't want to bring it down.

I have made a backup of the website and moved it to the new server and also copied the database to the new server.

the problem I have is which files do I have to edit with the new domain name. I can't change the domain name in the admin page because I can't bring up the admin page on the new server.

just need to know all the files I have to edit to put the new domain name so I can bring up the frontend and backend page.

thanks,

Hope someone can help me out, I have searched but could not find any information on this

I want to copy the website and move it to a new server with a different domain name.

I want to do this while the original website is still up and don't want to bring it down.

I have made a backup of the website and moved it to the new server and also copied the database to the new server.

the problem I have is which files do I have to edit with the new domain name. I can't change the domain name in the admin page because I can't bring up the admin page on the new server.

just need to know all the files I have to edit to put the new domain name so I can bring up the frontend and backend page.

thanks,

First of all you need to give the new shop access to its database. So you should adapt config/settings.inc.php with the new settings your database (name, login and password). This is for 1.6. For 1.7 it is a different file - you can easily find that with a bit of search.

Next you need to set the url and the subdirectory. You can do this by logging in in the back office and going to SEO. Alternatively you can adapt is directly in the database in the ps_shop_url table. After that you should empty the cache. Note that as long as you don't make these changes you will be redirected in the front office.

There must be a thousand pages explaining how to move your shop. So I am a bit amazed that you couldn't find it.