Stuck On Page 2 Of Installation

I have uploaded all of the files to my server. I go to www.mywebsite/install.php, click next and get to the second page where it says:

The following settings are required. Please make sure the following checklist items are true.
If you have any questions, please visit our Documentation Wiki and/or Community Forum.

PHP settings (modify via your PHP admin software):
PHP 5.0 or later is installed
Allowed to upload files
Allowed to create new files and folders
GD Library is installed
MySQL support is on
Write permissions on folders (do not apply recursively/to subfolders):
/config
/tools/smarty/compile
Write permissions on folders and subfolders/recursively:
/img
/mails
/modules
/themes/prestashop/lang
/translations
Optional set-up
PHP settings (modify via your PHP admin software):
Allowed to open external URLs
PHP register global option is off (recommended)
GZIP compression is on (recommended)

OK, so I wasnt expecting to see that when I pasted it!!! When I look at my webpage I do not see any of that, all I see is:

The following settings are required. Please make sure the following checklist items are true
If you have any questions, please visit our Documentation Wiki and/or Community Forum
Optional set-up

and I cannot click next. I have CHMOD 777 all of the folders and subfolders where asked for 3 times over but I cant get any further. Should I CHMOD 777 the files as well as the folders / sub folders?

I cant see anything when I highlight the page other than the said above unfortunately. I did not even realise I could see the requirements until I pasted into the post in this forum. The JAVA Required screen quickly flashes when I go to the install directory if it may be a JAVA problem?