[SOLVED] Change and translate 'used' to 'second-hand'

joan-coquelin

1) For to modifiy only FILES, you access the files via FTP and don't need to access the database directly.

2) for to access database:

Ask your provider. Usually you have access to phpMyAdmin. With this tool you can access to database. But we advise you to don't manipulate database or data directly into database, if you don't know exactly what you are doing. You can destroy with this your complete shop. The manipulation of database is only reserved to proficient users with knowledge of programming and SQL.

3) For to mount only SQL-queries you can use in the back-office of your prestashop the option: "adanced parameters -> SQL manager".

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer. Well maybe if I tell you exactly what I need to do you might be able to provide me with the best and safest solution. In my catalog right now, products can have one of 3 conditions : 'new, used, refurbished'. I need to change used to 'second-hand'. And I also need to translate it in French. Can you help me do that ? Thank you very much. :)

Joan

I would recommend to use translation to change that. This way you only adapt the value shown in the front end but not in the database.

How to achive this?

Go to backoffice -> translations -> translations front office

Search for the block 'product' and open it.

There you'll find the terms "Condition", "new", "used", "refurbished",

Just enter the new values as you want them and click on save.