two installs?

I am VERY novice.  I have one domain with 2 subdomains, one for each of my stores.  They are completely separate business ventures with different products.  i installed prestashop for one of my subdomains and I believe it was set up on my main domain.  I want to use Prestashop for my other store, but am very confused as to what I need to do.  Do I need a second install somewhere?  If not, how do I get prestashop for my second store?  I am not a programmer, have very limited knowledge of websites but can use Prestashop to manage my one store just fine.  Thanks in advance. 

You have two choices:

You can make ONE install and within prestashop define to run this installation as MULTISHOP installation.

In this scenario, you had one datatbase, one sourcecode but you can decide which products/categories are shown in which of the two shops.

If you don't have the same categories/products, it does, however not make sense.

You make two separate installations, each within its own path (which can be the subdomain) and its own database.

No data will be shared between this two installations.

How to do:

Download the prestashop.zip and extract it under subdomain 1. Run the installation process until the end.

Move the prestashop.zip or download again for subdomain 2. Run the installation the same way as with subdomain 1.

The only difference is the path your start the installation from.