Unable to upload any product images

Heavius

In the backend of my shop i am trying to upload images for a new product.

Whenever i select an image and click upload, basically nothing happens. The name of the file disappears, but the picture doesnt show as uploaded, there is no message (either successful or an error). When I select a different image to upload, the file name for the previous image I tried to upload shows as well.

Anyone who might be able to help me with that?

Some additional information:

- I have had some issues with uploading images and only seeing them as a question mark instead of the actual image I uploaded. I did also see an error icon, but it was without text.

- I checked file size limits etc, these were ok.

- Looked around on the internet, it was suggested to regenerate thumbnails, and/or to regenerate .htaccess file. Did both.

- After this, i didn't even get an error message, just generally nothing seemed to happen after hitting the upload files button.

- I have checked the permissions (755 for folders, 644 for files)

Would be great if anyone has some advice :)

EDIT: Using Prestashop 1.6.1.11

Edited by Heavius (see edit history)

I don't understand your post. How can you have new images when all your image uploads fail?

Thanks for asking. I'll try to be more clear then. The "new image" I talked about in the first paragraph is "different image" I selected to upload to the same new product. Does that make more sense?