Downgrade from 1.7.1 to 1.6.X

fabiocorda

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm also interested in downgrading prestashop from 1.7.x to 1.6.x . Can you give me some resources how this can be performed?

Edit: Let me give more details:

I've installed Prestashop 1.7.1.2 and added my products, categories, etc. At this stage I would like to go to Prestashop 1.6.1.15 but to keep my already entered data. Is this possible and how can it be done?

Edited by go0ogo0o (see edit history)

You could either export and import products or use copy_shopdata (https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/445453-copy-shopdata-script-for-copying-shop-content-for-upgrade/) to achieve what you want. 

Both have some downsides:

- csv export is limited in scope. You will lose some data and also all your customer/order data.

- copy_shopdata wasn't made for this purpose and wasn't tested it for it either. As the database structure of 1.7 is almost unchanged it very likely will work. But you need to check closely and may need to make some adjustments to the software. 1.7 has a different password encryption so very likely your passwords no longer will work (password retrieval is discussed extensively in the forum).