{solved}how can arrange catalogue order ?

Hi,

For eg ,

my products catalogue is shown like this :

car
soap
services
others

I want to order them like this :

soap
car
services
others

How can i do it ?

I did it on 1.1 version by writing

01. soap
02.car
03.services
04.others

but it doesnt work on 1.3.1 .What is the solution ?

You can use the arrows in the "Position" column to change the order of products on the Catalog tab. You can click the arrow to move it one position or drag the area behind the arrow up or down to move it multiple positions at a time. If you want the products displayed in the same order on your website, you'll need to go to Preferences > Products and make sure that "Default order by" is "Position inside category" and "Default order way" is "Ascending".

same issue here.

i tried numbering them in the title and all it didnt change it the order or hide the prefix.

any ideas?

thx

Edit: Actually it does work. Make sure there is a decimal place after the number and before the title. eg
01.bass guitars
02.electric guitars

thanks rocky, saved my bacon AGAIN.

Hi,

Yes , prefix is disappearing as it should but it still doesnt work.

I use

01.X
02.Y
03.Z
04.T
05.U

But categories are shown randomly like this :

Z
T
X
U
Y

Please help .

Keep in mind the categories will show up in a random order in the back end, but the front end should be ordered.

Direct copy/paste of the code given in this post will not work as the last apostrophe in each of the code lines (the search line an the replace line) is the hexadecimal character 92 and not the normal 27 expected. This is not because the poster chose to make the code lines BOLD in the post. Using the CODE tag is also useless as the quote vanishes.

The codebase downloaded yesterday - v1.3.1.1 - has this fix in place at line 122 in the file /modules/blockcategories/blockcategories.php :

ORDER BY `level_depth` ASC, cl.`name` ASC'))

Even the above plain text is useless. This is because the forum software does a replace of the ordinary apostrophe (ASCII 27 Hex) with the super apostrophe (ASCII 92 Hex)

hi,

I solved my problem for main categories,but I cant order sub categrioes this time.

How can order subcategories ?

Main Categorie : Example

sub categories : Example1
example2
example3

I write :

01.example3
02.example1
03.example2

But it is shown :

example1
example2