[SOLVED] global.css editing help

I have managed to make a header that sits above the main body of the webpage by editing the global.css but I have two things I still need to do that I can’t figure out:

1.Move the languages/currencies/search bar etc to also sit below the header on the main page rather than on top of it. As you see the attached image I want these to sit in between the main ’body’ and the ’header’.

2.Make the header the same width as the main ’body’ – at the moment it is much larger than the rest of the page but I want it to be part of the page and move in the same way a normal website moves if you zoom in and out. So how do I set the width to be the same as the rest of the page?

You can see by the attachment my problems.

If you can help me with this 4 days of torment and struggle I would be very appreciative :)
Why the hell someone can’t just develop a drag and drop or wysiwyg ecommerce for all us numpties I don’t know.

26520_5pyupLQVvWpgyKg04cBZ_t

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know coding, but am trying to learn as I go. Make sure you are able to undo anything that I suggest. I only make changes to my global.css, unless a pro tells me what code to copy/paste anywhere else.

As far as your header, I believe you need to have your image saved to a 980px width (that is what my template's width is).
You will need to do that outside of PS - Photoshop, etc.

After you get your image saved and loaded onto your home page, you can play around with the following:

global.css Line 190

#page

margin: 0 auto 2px changing the first 0 to, say 100px will add a margin to your page. However, I have no idea how that will effect your current header image. I don't have a large header on my site. You can change it back to 0, if it messes up your page.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
I've been trying to do the same thing with marginal success. Would you share how you accomplished it? I've managed to get the currency, language & search blocks under my main banner which works fine in the non-secure pages but when I go into the secure pages everything's right back to where it was. Obviously these are either controlled by a different section of the global.css file or by a completely different style sheet. Also I'd like to move the search box to the right hand side but can't figure out how to do it.
Thanks,
Andy