Change font type for each language

monaliali

Hi every one;

I use Prestashop 1.6

I use two languages English and Arabic.

I want to change the font type of the Arabic language because  the default font type is not attractive and it seems small.

Just for the Arabic language. For the English language, it's ok and I dont want to change it.

Thank you

Edited by monaliali (see edit history)

Hi every one;

I use Prestashop 1.6

I use two languages English and Arabic.

I want to change the font type of the Arabic language because  the default font type is not attractive and it seems small.

Just for the Arabic language. For the English language, it's ok and I dont want to change it.

Thank you

You have to edit css file for your theme and overwrite font-family property. For example, on standard 1.6 bootstrap theme, you could add

html[lang="cs-cz"], html[lang="cs-cz"] body, html[lang="cs-cz"] h1 {
  font-family: courier;
}

to /themes/default-bootstrap/css/global.css, which will change font for czech language to courier. For your theme it might, and it probably will, differ. 

• Like 1

Thank you my friend for your reply. I try what you mentioned but it doesn't work  :(

I added the font to the "fonts.css" file and I uploaded it to the 'Fonts" directory with 'OTF' extension

and I added the code you sent to me ( after changing the lang to "ar" and the font-family to the font I uploaded)

Nothing happen

Well, it really depends on theme you are using. My example works for standard theme.

If you use standard theme, then

1. verify your <html> tag contains lang attribute - look at page source

vaQNEXAVXi4x86bOJfcvHt7Vg4DjuD.png

2. make sure your lang selector in css matches exactly value of lang attribute - it's case sensitive

3. clear cache in your prestashop

4. clear cache in your browser

And it should work