[SOLVED]How to shift down blocks to see entire header background ?

Hi,

I integrated a new background picture, green background, (prestashop default theme, V1.3). I'm looking that this background doesn't suit correctly with the other blocks. How can I shift down all the blocks ? I failed to find the right modifications in global.css. Please take a look to the picture enclosed.

Thanks a lot !

26501_Hhbl10LtZjAbWcjXE6h3_t

Hi,

how did you manage to do this - I posted trying to do the same thing but received no help. I basically want to put a jpeg image at the top of the screen so that the prestashop sits below this - then it will look more like my existing website. After 4 days of working at it I figured two ways, one is to insert the code for whatever you want into the top (before all the other coding) of the header.tpl file which can be found in themes/prestahop folder (or yourtheme if you have made a new one like I have). But in my case this just gives me a blank box with the red cross which shows no image. So I don't know what i am doing wrong but in essences it is working - just something is not quite correct.

The second way is to install the addheader (www.ecartservice.com) and follow the instructions once you have added it to your module folder. But again, same thing happens that I cannot get my picture to display.

So can you tell me how you managed to get your background visible?

Hello,

In your theme/yourtheme/css/global.css :

body {

background:#fff url(../img/banniere-fond.png) repeat-x;
   font-size: 11px;
   font-family:   Tahom, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif;
   color: #767676;
   text-align:center;
}

In this line, you put your background picture folder and name : background:#fff url(../img/banniere-fond.png) repeat-x;
Then in /theme/yourtheme/img, you upload your picture.
See you soon !

hi,
I don't know what is wrong - I did exactly what you said, altered the css and uploaded the image re-but nothing happens. I even reinstalled the original prestashop theme just in case I have done something wrong previously.

But it doesn't work. Nothing happens at all.

Any ideas?

Dear Jdmorism,

I tried to send you a PM but a problem seems occured...
Please, find here me reply :
1/ You give two different names to your picture file (in global.css and picture folder) : Header_01.jpg and header_01.jpg
Replace H by h
2/ Replace underscore by hyphen "-", I think it's better, but not sure.
Try this and tell me.
Bye.

Ok, I deleted the addheader and addstuff downloads from the server just on the off chance, since this was one of the last things I did - and so far things are working again - I will now try to remake the global.css and see if it works - i will keep you posted., It seems that this add on blocks working with the header in css.