HELP! White screen of death.

upload blank .htaccess file to root, set permissions to write (chmod 777 as said in BO), set friendly url on, Then BO-> tools-> generators -> click generate htaccess. You should have rule like rewrite_rule xxxxxx in the htaccess

Here is the rewrite rules for images that should appear in htaccess

RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9]+)\-([a-z0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/([_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.jpg$ /img/p/$1-$2$3.jpg [L,E]

Hi again Apprentice and thanks for your help.

I have created the .htaccess like you said, but I can't do anything else because I still have the blank screen even when trying to get into admin!!

Will I have to re-install prestashop?

What folder will my product details be stored in?

Thanks again

Try editing config/config.inc.php and temporarily changing 'display_errors' from 'off' to 'on' so that you get an error message instead of a blank page. Post the error message here.

Thanks Rocky. I get -

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'configuration' in /home/sites/MYSITE.com/public_html/config/config.inc.php on line 61

For some reason, your site can't load classes/Configuration.php. I don't understand why one of your files would disappear just by turning on friendly URL. Perhaps your .htaccess file already contained code that enabled PHP5 on your website and it was deleted when you generated the .htaccess file. What host are you using? Did your site already have a .htaccess file before you created one?

I'm not familiar with that host, so I can't give any advice other than "make sure that classes/Configuration.php has been uploaded correctly." I found two users here and here who are successfully using PrestaShop with Heart Internet. Perhaps you could ask them for advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Had the same issue. Easy fix. Open your ftp client and log on to you heartinternet ftp account for the domain, step back one directory, / you will see a .htaccess file, copy that to local, now move to your /public_html director and upload that .htaccess file. Now logon to your prestashop admin and generate the /htaccess file. all should work okay now.. Let me know tho.

-----

http://www.poshpup.co.uk/