Attributes and Accessories

Hello all,

I am a total newb because I abandoned Presta back at v1.1 and opted for a paid cart. I'm back 2 years later and trying PS again. Before I spin my wheels though I really need some help.

I sell teddy bears with custom tops and embroidery. My questions are:

1... Is it possible to add accessories and images of them? I found that I could add colors and swatch squares but I need to actually show the tops as a choice. EXP: Teddy Bear 1 >>> show tops to choose from (10 colors) and add a choice to the order

2... Can a text box or field be added to a product for the customer to input their message to be embroidered on their top. EXP: Teddy Bear 1 >>> show tops to choose from (10 colors) and add a choice to the order >>>> add text to have embroidered on said top >>>> finalize and pay for the order

3... Edit shipping address to be different from billing address (fairly standard but I thought I'd make sure)

Any help is appreciated

1. Yes, you can link products as accessories to another product. You can also upload texture images instead of colours in the colour picker, then modify global.css to increase the size of the boxes from 20px to however big you need them. You can also assign product images to individual combinations, so that only the product images relevant to the currently selected attributes is displayed.

2. Yes, you can go to the "5. Customization" tab of the product editor to add a required text field on the product.

3. Yes, you can choose a different billing and shipping address when checking out.

• 1 month later...

Hello

How would I link a product as an accessory to another product? I sell a product and want to offer an add-on extended warranty that my customer can add to there order without having to go to a different page to add it to there cart, like maybe click a check box or radio button just any way that they can add the warranty from that page.

Thanks for your help.
Bruce

I suggest that you add the warranty as an attribute. Go to Catalog > Attributes and groups, create an attribute group called "Warranty" with attributes "None", "1 year", "3 year", etc, then go to the "3. Combinations" tab of the product editor, click the "Product combinations generator", then choose the relevant warranties for the product in the list box on the right, then click Add, then enter the cost of the warranty under the price impact, then click Generate and "Back to product".