Importing Bulk Cart Rules

jaimeweb

PrestaShop version: 1.5.6.3

Hi, 

I am trying to find a easy solution to import bulk voucher codes to Prestashop (20k - 70k). 

Currently we have this module: https://mypresta.eu/modules/advertising-and-marketing/import-voucher-from-csv.html 

However our server admin saying that it is creating unessisery entries which it shouldn’t/doesn’t need to; which effectively then cripples the performance of the backoffice.

His comments are "It’s a database performance issue; related to the fact that the ‘import tool’ you are using adds loads of entries which it shouldn’t/doesn’t need to; which effectively then cripples the performance of the backoffice."

We currently have 19k vouchers in the system, which when using this module take DAYS to import via CSV (i have to split them into 500 per CSV and then it imports, but it imports VERY slowly, each time i refresh the voucher count goes up by 1).

Also, now we have 19k vouchers each time i edit or manually add a new voucher we receive a 500 Timeout error. However the action does complete.

The server is a dedicated cloud platform: Server information: Linux #66-Ubuntu SMP x86_64

I know PS can handle many more vouchers than 19k so I am confused as to why the BO is slow sluggish on the voucher section. 

The front end is fine when adding the voucher into the cart. 

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Jaime

• 7 months later...

Prestashop wasn't designed with thousands of vouchers in mind. So it might pay to look at how they are processed and what can be optimized in that process. That could be as simple as adding a database index.

But someone has to invest time/money to do that. Did you ask Vekia about the issue?