How to set global price per Attribute Value? (Like OpenCart does)

Decals Online

Hello,

I am trying to decide between PrestaShop and OpenCart and the first is favorite but I have a big issue that I cannot find solution for.

My products have a large number of variations, about 36 colours and 48 sizes with a possibility to increase in future.

Colours: 30 colours are same price. 6 colours have higher price.

Size: each size have a price.

Let's say you buy Product X:

Base price: $1

Colours: Standard (+0.00); Speciality: (+1.00)

Size: 1 inch (+0.00); 2 inches (+1.00) 3 inches (+3.00) and so on.

So if you buy Standard colour and Size 1inch you pay base price ($1)

If you buy Standard colour and Size 2 inches you pay $2.

If you buy Speciality colour and Size 3 inches you pay $5.

I would like to be able to set the price global per attribute value so all 6 colours that are speciality will have +1.00 set globally and when I generate the combinations, this price increase will be automatically added to each combination.

In OpenCart is a piece of cake but I cannot figure out how to do it in PrestaShop.

I exclude to manually add the price increase to each combination and each product because it's a massive time consuming and if I need to change it in the future...will take ages.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

You can do this out-of-the-box with PrestaShop or with Attribute Wizard Pro -- I would strongly suggest the latter. 

Just using PrestaShop you would first define the 36 colors and 48 sizes as attributes then you'd use the combinations generator to add $1 to all the specialty colors and then whatever the per inch prince increase is. When you press generate you'll get 1728 combinations each with the correct price variation from the standard price.

The problem with that approach is having 1728 combinations -- on good hosting you should be fine up to around 3000-4000 combinations but you said you'd like to add more eventually which is why I would second the suggestion for Attribute Wizard Pro.

Attribute Wizard Pro handles combinations is a completely different way so you have no limits -- I use it for products that have 30,000+ combinations and really there is no limit. It is a much better solution than using the built in system for situations where the number of combinations are going to get high