Field name translations issues.

Hello,

I am seeing a few issues in Tools>Translations>Modify Translations>Field name Translations

For starters, what exactly does this control and affect?

Second, There are entries in there even though I did not put them in myself. Could installing a module or something set up some translations?

Finally, some of the translations dont make any sense for instance:

Under order Detail it translates "product_quantity" as "product quality". Obviously a mistake, they meant to change it to "product quantity" but even at that what is the point of removing the underscore line? And why on some other translations they leave the underscore IN but reverse the order of words?

I also see group spelled as "groupe" etc. If I make a change to these translations am I going to have to search through php or tpl files and replace groupe with group as well? Is it better to leave it be?

Thanks,

Scott

Leave them the way they are. I've never found a reason to change those translations. The "Front Office translations", "Back Office translations", "Module translations" and "Error messages" seems to cover all the translations for the Front Office and Back Office.