Front office language different than back office 1.7.1.1

I found information from 2013 how this would done but I cannot get it to work with 1.7.1.1. I need front office as finnish (no language selection menu) and backoffice as english so it would be easier here to ask some questions about back office etc. How I do this?

• 8 months later...

Found a solution? If you need to use back office in English, you can go to your own profile and switch language there. But it's hard to add products to Finnish site unless both of your languages are enabled in the front store. (Product names don't show etc). Suomeksi: omasta profiilista voi käydä vaihtamassa käyttökielen. Mutta jos lisää tuotteita katalogiin, mm. tuotteiden nimet eivät näy laisinkaan jollet vaihda adminin käyttökieltä takaisin suomeksi.

I also noticed that Finnish translation is very bad! Why to translate module names etc. Also some terms like Attributes and Features should not be transferred like they have been. Attributes are normally "Ominaisuudet/Vaihtoehdot" and Features are "Lisäominaisuudet/Speksit".

I have been in translation group with some very old versions of PS, and one must know what they are translating so translations are accurate.

I give an example: where it is translated as "Kunto" in Catalog Price Rule, it really is "Conditions" (Lisää ehto). This has nothing to do with condition of the product. There are lots of other invalid translations as well.

Suomeksi: huomasin myös, että jotkut asiat ovat suomennettu väärin. Olisi hyvä, jos esim. modulien nimiä yms ei suomennettaisi ollenkaan. Se on aivan turhaa, kun tuskin löytyy mitään ihmeellistä ohjeistusta niiden käyttöön miltään suomalaiselta sivustolta. Lisäksi, suomentajan tulisi osata käyttää PrestaShoppia itsekin, ja tarkistaa mitä on mihinkin suomentanut. Olen löytänyt useita paikkoja, joissa on "oikaistu" suommennoksessa, ja yksi sana on suomennettu samalla tavalla katsomatta mihin se liittyy. Tällainen sana on esimerkiksi "Kunto" / "Condition". Kun sitten "Catalog Price Rule" -kohdassa kyseessä ei todellakaan ole kunto vaan "Ehdot" (ks. kuva).

5a72fdc20267a_Screenshot2018-02-0113_28_23.thumb.png.c81a3544ed3031175d4ca092a9b33c41.png