Question about How to give full permissions to all files and folders 777

Sam_85

Hello,

I have recently bougth a prestashop theme called "real food store".

Strangely, only the tab for "New Products" on my main webpage was not updating prices or others changes after editing some product on my products catalog.

I also wanted to translate some of the titles and button names in the website and I got in touch with the theme developer asking him how to fix this problem and make those changes.

He answered me but asked me to give full permission to all files and folders 777 to prestashop installation.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I have found this article here: http://www.howtomakeawebshop.com/2-1-setting-the-proper-rights-to-folders-chmod/

But my installation folder does not have the same directories pointed on this tutorial sice I'm using a much newer version of prestashop (1.7.1.0) and also this tutorial does not show how to safely change back the permissions so I think that could leave my website very insecure.

Thanks

I think there is no need to give 777 to your prestashop installation this way you ll make your prestashop installation insecure.Most of the file permission issue happen on self managing servers if you also have same make sure that your file files and folders have have owner and group is www-data.If you are on shared hosting than contact you hosting provider so they might help with that.

If you running a linux appache server than you can do this by following commend:

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/html/yourprestashop/

You should never give full permissions (chmod 0777) to all files and folders as for security reasons. With filezilla you can change by mass chmod as well. Explore the functions with right mouse click on a FTP folder.

See here on this topic the correct chmod for folders and files: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/610310-cant-add-more-products-1610-tkl/?do=findComment&comment=2557765

• 5 weeks later...

If you check the new 1.7 code it is chmoding just about every folder 777. I have tagged 1.7 as do not use on my systems. Isn't PS supposed to be creating secure eCommerce software? I'm pretty flabbergasted. Did they fire a bunch of people between 1.6 and 1.7?

If you check the new 1.7 code it is chmoding just about every folder 777. I have tagged 1.7 as do not use on my systems. Isn't PS supposed to be creating secure eCommerce software? I'm pretty flabbergasted. Did they fire a bunch of people between 1.6 and 1.7?

It is true that PS 1.7. is a very problematic version, but it is not true it needs chmod 0777 (s. screen attached). There is no change on this on versions 1.5., 1.6. and 1.7. On our servers chmod 0755 is still enough (and for core files 0644). At least your statement is based on a bad configured server: You should configure your servers with more refined options = fine tuning. ;)

post-741527-0-68354900-1498210120_thumb.png           post-741527-0-17412300-1498210396_thumb.png