CURRENCIES : Use 2 currencies simultaneously

frankpulido

Hello everyone,

I have a store with no shopping cart.

Catalogue has real estate properties either for sale or to rent.

I was using a single currency : EUR (€)

But it's much better to express € when is a property for sale and €/month when the property is to rent.

The easy solution seemed to add a fictitious currency as shown below :

- Currency : Euro/month

- ISO code : EUR

- ISO code number : 999

- Symbol : €/m
- Exchange rate : 1

The case is that when creating a product I cannot select the currency to display but I have to display all of the products in the same currency...

Any ideas?... Thanks a lot

Frank

You could use features for this, and remove prices totally. And if a product has "price" feature set you display it, when it has "price/m" set you display it, you can even display both.

This may be a little les convenient to edit and filter (if you use filters), but it also can be worked around.

You could use features for this, and remove prices totally. And if a product has "price" feature set you display it, when it has "price/m" set you display it, you can even display both.

This may be a little les convenient to edit and filter (if you use filters), but it also can be worked around.

Thanks Daresh

Indeed, when having 2 currencies enabled the store enables an undesirable currency selection box...

What you suggest requires that I switch to catalogue mode...

Guess that your suggestion may be an easy solution and would allow me to display 2 prices for the unusual (but possible) case in which the property can be either sold or rented...

But it arises a new issue : how to display the feature in the position of the price?... not only in the product page but also in the home and category page, product slides, etc...

Indeed, for the product page, I would like to use pictograms and display come features' values in the place where price is displayed now...

So far I have avoided adding code, so that I can upgrade my theme version without trouble...

Is there a way to sort that?... Tks!!!

It's always easiest to modify the theme, but I think that it should have enough hooks in those places, allowing us to display the prices there with use of some module, that would not interfere with the theme upgrade process. Or maybe to mimize the need to modify the theme files to adding some custom hook, that would be easy to recreate atfer theme upgrade.

It's always easiest to modify the theme, but I think that it should have enough hooks in those places, allowing us to display the prices there with use of some module, that would not interfere with the theme upgrade process. Or maybe to mimize the need to modify the theme files to adding some custom hook, that would be easy to recreate atfer theme upgrade.

Do you work developing such stuff?...

I would like to display prices and some other features (# bedrooms / #bathrooms / etc)

Maybe, when the feature is "rental" it can be added "per month" right after the price

Add important stuff besides the price hook