Smarty problem

Bombax

Hello!

i hope someone can help me with this, when i clear cache via control panel it doesnt create new files (site loads very slow, if i open multiple sites at once, some will open some not, other with error).

im attaching errors.

Also i can't understand this, when im offline and when i come back to website next day it will allways generete files for smarty with no problem and site will work fine till again i don't clear cache. And btw site works fine on my xampp even if i clear cache when i refresh site files will be created.

I realy hopse that someone can help me as im lunching site tomorrow and i don't want to lose customers.

Cheers!

post-1371122-0-79841600-1494373554_thumb.jpg

post-1371122-0-03432100-1494373561_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bombax (see edit history)

Hi,

so i have this problem with website/vps i dont know, Memory Peak Usage is very high also in front first page sometimes products wont load then i refresh site and they appear/or not i keep refreshing so they apear, can someone help me with this?

thanks!

post-1371122-0-92996200-1494596321_thumb.jpg

You never should give the whole memory you have on your machine as memory_limit. There is no need for this. Limit the memory to 512. It's enough to run a Prestashop with 20.000 products and about 100to of combinations. You are overloading your server by this bad configuration. Overload means 500 errors and the exact behavior you are describing: no reaction.

BTW why you disabled smarty recompilation ? = set to "never".

Hello!

i hope someone can help me with this, when i clear cache via control panel it doesnt create new files (site loads very slow, if i open multiple sites at once, some will open some not, other with error).

You disabled smarty. See my previous post. - BTW why you disabled smarty recompilation ? = set to "never".

Hello ,

I selected never recompilations as i saw that that its the best, also i have enabled smarty, changed memory to 512mb and its same. Today i notice something, i deleted cache at 0:30 and it wont create it, then i come back and saw that cache created files all in compile folder at 07:14 so there must bi some vps limits or what? Also btw website is working fine on my localhost xampp.

localhost (XAMPP) is not the same as a live server, cause there are several configurations not done/not available on a standard XAMPP install. For test purposes, it is better to install directly on live servers (subfolder saved by pasword for ex.).

Please check the configuration you have done on your back-office. Standard configuration of cache/performance features:

See screens attached.

post-741527-0-78241200-1494749307_thumb.png

post-741527-0-88996100-1494749318_thumb.png

post-741527-0-93450900-1494749327_thumb.png

CCC you can only activate, if your server and THEME IN USE supports combine, compress and cache.

post-741527-0-23658000-1494749337_thumb.png

The last option "Caching" should be set to NO, if you are using php-version over 5.4.+

1) If you have this configuration and the problem persists, so you should contact your provider. Seems that the server is misconfigured by caching options .

2) The problem could also come from the theme you are using. On a screen I saw that you are using pagebuilder and leotheme. If your provider cannot help you and all is ok on server configuration, than you should contact the developer of your theme. For to be sure, you can enable Prestashop native theme, but only on a cloned shop please, because when you switch between themes, specially the ones of Leo, than you loose all configuration made in theme. Leo uses an own pagebuilder and not the one of Prestashop.

Hello,

i have exactly the same settings as your attached screens, and its the same it needs like 6,7 hours to make files in compile folder, during this time when there is no files in compile folder, site is soo slow, also site is crashing on front page sometimes - appagebuilder, it just doesnt load products and then you refresh site and it loads, like there is some memory limit ? that it cant handle too many products on frons page and it could be same problem that causing for smarty ?

Also i installed clean prestashop installation with default theme and its same, it can't compile cache, i have Plesk control panel and they are keep telling me that this is prestashop problem but i don't belive. It must be some limits that are not enabled, do you maybe know ?

Its VPS with Plesk panel, i just ended 4h long teamviewer session with plesk support and one thing thah it might be is that when i clean cache from presta it only clean from site and it doesn't clean from server, thats why it then create 6,7 hour later with no problem, but we still dont know, is that normal that it takes time to fill up cache folder or it must do it immediately? as when there is no cache folder and i open multiple product at onece it crash with error, also im attaching image of my problem sometimes it just doesnt load whats that ?

post-1371122-0-84822300-1494784961_thumb.jpg

This is correct behavior. Smarty cache is not server cache. Server cache you has to flush. We ar talking about two different caching options The one (smarty) is the one writing in Prestashop folder /cache/smarty/compile/

Server cache is opcache, or memcache if you have installed. This php-cache you should not delete manually, only if needed, but this cache flushes itself according to server configuration (1GB, 2GB, or what you configured for opcache).

Probably some misconfiguration on your server. Unfortunately this kind of support is out of scope here, besides that without to examine your server configurations directly on machine, it's not possible to say what is going wrong. This is a task for an expert (server administrator).