Blank page after adding a category

a5dev

Running PS 1.7.1.0 on a VPS, PHP 7.1.4

From the admin, I go to Sell > Catalog > Categories

I click the Add New Category button

Enter a name for the category

Click Save

Next page is blank

If I refresh, I still get a blank page but behind the scenes the category is added again.

Seems like Prestashop's favorite thing to do is show a blank white page when it gets confused.

I haven't tried turning on debug mode yet, but wanted to know if anyone else was having this problem and if so, how to fix it.

And a note to PrestaShop ... a *little* bit of information in these blank pages (especially on the admin side) would be VERY helpful!!

By default Prestashop does not show PHP and Mysql error messages. Instead it shows blank pages. This is a security measure as error messages tend to tell details about file location, etc.

Obviously in order to solve problems you should temporarily switch error messages on. This is done in the file \config\defines.inc.php where you should set _PS_MODE_DEV_ to true.

See also https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I investigated this a lot and was able to reach the piece of code causing this error. However, it didn't make any sense, so I moved the website to another server with the same php config and it worked.

It was probably some damaged php extension in the old server, but I had no time to investigate further because it didn't worth it.

• 4 years later...

I just installed this module: https://mypresta.eu/modules/front-office-features/hide-products-by-country.html
After testing the module i got blank page in Category and Product page.
I uninstalled the module and deleted the folder from modules folder and also an override from this module in

overrides/classes/shop/Shop.php

Now i can see product page. But category page is still blank and white

Edited by stifler97
Edited text format (see edit history)