Limit/Max Quantity for Product with Attributes?

Is it possible to limit the quantity a customer can specify on a single product.

I'm trying to set up 3 quantity ranges for each of my 2 products.

if someone specifies somewhere within the range of 1-499 the product price will be $1.58 each
if someone specifies somewhere within the range of 500-999 the product price will be $1.42 each
etc..

I have attributes set up for Quantity ranges and the price does change based on which range they select, but i don't know to limit the quantity based on the selected range/attribute.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Thank you for your time.

I really need to know if this is possible,

I contacted PrestaShop about this but they say solution support is only available in the forum.

I just need to know if you can do this with PrestaShop.

If not I need to find a new cart, as it is right now I have no time left, so I'm trying new carts as we speak to save time until I find the answer to my questions.

I really like PrestaShop and would like to use it for the site I'm building.

• 5 months later...

It's a bit late on this, but I'm working on a site and ran into this same problem.

I found this on line 200 of product.tpl in the default template:

<input type="text" name="qty" id="quantity_wanted" class="text" value="{if isset($quantityBackup)}{$quantityBackup|intval}{else}1{/if}" size="2" maxlength="3" />

I changed it to:

<input type="text" name="qty" id="quantity_wanted" class="text" value="{if isset($quantityBackup)}{$quantityBackup|intval}{else}1{/if}" size="5" maxlength="5" />

This did allow me to enter a 5 digit quantity and the discounts were properly calculated, which is encouraging. Hopefully I will not run into a DB limitation, I haven't tested this all the way through yet.

Erik Knepfler
http://haveabyte.com