.com/en to .com

mantaasss2

Hi there!

Does any one can help me on finding the way to fix this domain issue. So i have changed my domain name to a new one and now once i try to go to my domainname.com it's not working, but if i type domainname.com/en it works just as it should... In the back office settings under SEO and URL's are set correctly :

Shop name: www.domainname.com

SSL domain: www.domainname.com
Base URl: /

Anyone here can help me on this? Stuck for bad.

Shop name: www.madspinners.com  - 

Thank you for your time ;)

Edited by mantaasss2 (see edit history)

1) You also moved the software to the new domain/serverspace ?

There is no content on the new domain: Welcome to the home of madspinners.com To change this page, upload your website into the public_html directory

If you are not moving the software, so you should to make a rewrite from one domain to another on the DNS or at least as .htaccess on the old domain to the new one:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^olddomain.com$ [OR]
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.olddomain.com$
  RewriteRule (.*)$ http://www.newdomain.com/$1 [R=301,L]
</IfModule>

2) BTW: Your domain is using shortcode, this means you need to add on shopname and SSL domain the name WITHOUT www before, so madspinners.com on both instead.

3) on title you are describing another thing as on your post -> (.com/en to .com only). So I`m not sure what exactly you want to do. For to disable the language short, you simply deactivate other languages in your back-office.

If you use only one language so you don't will have the domain:

yourdomain.com/en

yourdomain.com/fr, etc.

It will redirect only to: yourdomain.com

1) You also moved the software to the new domain/serverspace ?

There is no content on the new domain: Welcome to the home of madspinners.com To change this page, upload your website into the public_html directory

If you are not moving the software, so you should to make a rewrite from one domain to another on the DNS or at least as .htaccess on the old domain to the new one:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^olddomain.com$ [OR]
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.olddomain.com$
  RewriteRule (.*)$ http://www.newdomain.com/$1 [R=301,L]
</IfModule>

2) BTW: Your domain is using shortcode, this means you need to add on shopname and SSL domain the name WITHOUT www before, so madspinners.com on both instead.

3) on title you are describing another thing, as on your post -> (.com/en to .com only). So I`m not sure what exactly you want to do. For to disable the language short, you simply deactivate other languages in your back-office.

If you use only one language so you don't will have the domain:

yourdomain.com/en

yourdomain.com/fr, etc.

It will redirect only to: yourdomain.com

Thank you for your suggestions, but i didn't found the answer. I have enabled the shop so you might have any other suggestion.I have disabled language module, but still, to get to the shop i need to type /en at the end to access. 

What exactly are you trying to do ? Disable /en on the domain ?

If yes, disable all languages and let only the one active you are really using. After this you should clear your browser cache (F5) and clear the smarty cache on back-office "advanced parameters -> performance" on right top of site the button.

Which Prestashop version are you using ?