Store Manager for PrestaShop: Help needed with expression editor.

jruuhela

Hi!

Im learning to use product import wizard. I have a csv file with column headers like "Name, Part number, Price" etc.

For example i have to set right column for price. How can i make an expression that searchs column with header "price" and selects it. Column sequence in csv file can be different every time and i want to use automatic product import in the future so its important that selections are based on field names, not the file structure.

I hope you understand what i mean :) Thanks!

You are talking about Store Manager of eMagicOne ? With the same name there are also other products available.

For the one of emagic, you have a fully documentation on how To's, you can find here: REMOVED, WAS WRONG LINK

For the import you only need to map the fields. Is quite easy.

Yes, eMagicOne. Umm.. yes i have been reading the documentations but i cant find answer.

For example now my prices are at column 4. But next time when i get the csv file from manufacturer, the prices can be at column 5. I need an expression (SQL code or whatever its called) that will search for column title "prices" and choose it. Maybe im blind but i cannot find this kind of "how to" from eMagicOne documentation :/

It doesn't matter where your prices are, i.e. in which column. You map the import fields BEFORE you are importing them. You can save the report, for to take it as a model each time your are re-importing, or you can map the fields each time new. For ex. On your csv the column 5 are your prices, so you map this column to the field prices. If you have doubts, than follow the steps till last step. By this way you will see how it works. It is really easy.

You don't need any expression for to map. Only if your are using automatic import (which is an apart module you have to buy). The store manager doesn't include this module.

Sorry, I've linked wrong documentation. This was for magento. For Prestashop you will find it here: http://store-manager-for-prestashop-documentation.emagicone.com/prestashop-product-management/import-prestashop-products

Steps in screens:

Choose on navigation bar the "import/export products" option.

post-741527-0-69640700-1491653164_thumb.jpg

post-741527-0-50671500-1491653184_thumb.jpg

post-741527-0-20556200-1491653201_thumb.jpg

post-741527-0-84304000-1491653219_thumb.jpg

On this last step you map your columns to the fields to be imported. On >Left side you have the possible field available in database. On right side you have your csv columns. See that the title of the columns are completely different to the fields available. So you simply writ on left side the name of the column of your csv.

post-741527-0-63205500-1491653139_thumb.jpg

How to map the fields on left side to your csv: simply clik on the field you want to map and choose the fields from your csv.

post-741527-0-16121500-1491653471_thumb.jpg

Yes i know how to map fields and i know i can save the settings. I have automatic import and it should import manufacturers csv file once per day. Thats why i have to make settings that will work even if columns in csv file will be in different order (titles for columns will always be same). Otherwise the automatic function is irrelevant for me if i have to check fields mapping every time :D