Security

Josease

Hello, I'm new to the forum and in the world of e-commerce. I want to start selling digital games with Prestashop through a wholesaler. Everything would be automatic but I have doubts about the security of payments. That is, a user could pay me a product, I send it to him and either withdraw the payment or open a claim through PayPal once the product is activated. How could I defend myself from scams on payments whether it be PayPal, card or others?

Well, there is always a risk of people trying to f*** you over. If someone does that, he can raise a claim at paypal. Well and investigation will be opened and the payment will be put on hold. So if you can prove that you delivered than the claim should be dropped. What i do is, i always check to make sure the delivery address matches the paypal address. 

Well, there is always a risk of people trying to f*** you over. If someone does that, he can raise a claim at paypal. Well and investigation will be opened and the payment will be put on hold. So if you can prove that you delivered than the claim should be dropped. What i do is, i always check to make sure the delivery address matches the paypal address. 

Thanks for the answer, but if they are digital products?

Well, when somebody buys a digital product from you, i would assume they still have to register with an address. So sending it by mail or email does not really change anything. You could check that the paypal paying email matches the email given to buy the product in your store. Or a first time registration requires some sort of identity verification. But just keep in mind not to make it to complicated for a buyer or they will simply move on.

Edited by jetway (see edit history)