issue with shipping costs dependent on quanitity

My client wants shipping costs to work like ebay, whereby if someone buys 1 teddy bear, the cost of shipping is £3, but for every additional teddy bear, it only costs a further £1. So if I buy 1 teddy, my shipping fee is £3, if I buy 2 then my shipping fee is £4 and if I buy 3 then my shipping fee is £5.

presta is very flexible but I'm not sure if this is possible (intuitively at least). Any ideas would be greatly received.

Thanks,

Dan

Do you need this to work for all products and zones?
If yes you can do it from Weight ranges.

i.e. set all teddy bears weight to 1kg and then create your weight ranges like
0.01kg - 1.01kg = £3
1.01kg - 2.01kg = £4
2.01kg - 3.01kg = £5
etc.
The reason I give 1.01kg as end is because range end excluded. You will se it when creating the ranges.

unfortunately, not. the general rule is the same for all products but the value will not be. So, for example, 1 product might cost £1 to send 1 and an additional £0.50p to send each subsequent one I'm gutted for prestashop because I think it's a great solution but my client already has an ebay shop and wants to make sure the prices are exactly the same, including shipping. And ebay allows you to set, per product, the shipping cost for 1 item and a different value for additional units. He really needs this as it allows him to be a bit more clever (and cheap) on how much he charges for shipping multiple items.