Server times out after doing Admin log in

lbcolor.biz

I installed 1.6.1.11. It takes a long time but the log in page comes up and I enter the log in and password that I gave it during install. Then it just sits there until I get an error message about the connection timing out.

I have tried Chrome, IE 11, and Firefox with the same results. (IE9 it just sits there with the busy icon in the tab and then resets for the password to be entered again).

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." is the wording it gave in Firefox.

Chrome says the page isn't working and didn't send any data (ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE)

I even tried changing the folder permissions back to 777 to see if that was what the admin needed.

All files are set to 644 if one of them is the culprit.

Some Help would be appreciated.

I ran various searches through the forums but didn't find the exact same problem but maybe I'm not wording the search just right.

Thanking you in advance for any assistance.

looks like some dashboard items can take too long

try to make the login, and after the timeout change the url of the admin to index.php?controller=AdminSearchConf&token=c47bc04eb05be6c614fe440b1dbfa02c

to check if you can go to another section or take much time too. If you can go, try to remove modules from the dashboard hook

Thank you, 

Logged in, it timed out, I changed the url and it timed out again. I did it a second time and watched the url change from what you gave me to:

controller=AdminSearchConf&token=b55df3999391a62ea5a56b0730421265 displays a "Preferences / Search" page and has the buttons down the left side but is still loading, sits there for a long time and goes back to the log in screen.

It takes a real long time for the initial log in page to come up too. 

Help is appreciated.

Edited by lbcolor.biz (see edit history)