Prestashop Downgrade to an older version

zenerry

Hi folks,

I've got a big deal and can't find a solution. 

I've updated my client site to 1.6.1 version and didn't realise that my bought theme only supports till 1.6.0.

Then I imagine this is the reason why new, featured, bestsellers products lists have been broken, and they don't show anything.

The first solution to the problem will be, how can I make them work again? (I'm not great at coding)

By the way, trying to downgrade:

I tryed to override the core files from the older version; I tryed to create a new installation and then import the old database; and some other "inventions" without any success.

I imagine there will be an easier solution but I'm not a pro expert in this kind of things.

To complicate this a little more, as obvious, I'd like to keep my SEO, that's why I didn't start it up from the beginning.

Hope somebody can help me, I'm really stuck with that...and I'm quite in a hurry...

Thanks in advanced.

Well, before updating anything the best solution is to always make a backup. Like that you can restore everything if something goes wrong. Downgrading probably will be a problem or you'll have to see which files were changed in 1.6.1.x and restore the ones from 1.6.0.x. I do not believe an automated process is in place to do this.

Edited by jetway (see edit history)